Skip to main content Skip to footer

Property for auction.

I have a property that I may wish to auction off. How do I do it?

Asked on Jan 13 2011, General in Manchester | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Go to an auctioneer. Best ones for Manchester are Pugh Auctions ( - N&W Mcr or Edward Mellor (see below) S&E Mcr. Both get >300 people at every auction. It's dear though - up to £2,000 auction fee PLUS 1.5% if it sells. Best thing to do is go to one first to see what they're like. Also consider Eddisons and Countrywide. If you list your house with Entwistle Green/Bridgfords, you can sell try Countrywide Auctions at a reduced price.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jan 14 2011, Report content
  • When you talk to the auctioneer it's worth discussing whether the property you are intending to sell would be best suited to an auction or the more usual sale by private treaty through an agent. A good auctioneer should be able to advise you. Remember that an auctioneer will probably insist on setting a reserve somewhat below what you would consider the market value of the property, so for a conventional property in reasonable order you might achieve more through private treaty.

    Answered on Jan 18 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Manchester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General