Skip to main content Skip to footer

How do I make my landlord repair my boiler and do a Gas safety test?

Over the last 2 months I have identified problems with my boiler pressure going from 0.5bar to over 3bar in about 20 minutes when the heating is on (at which point I turn it off), hot water back-flowing round the heating system when I turn my hot taps off and the heating timer circuit is broken. I've told my landlord. He has had a look at the boiler and agreed that there are problems and will call an engineer but has not had them repaired. Despite repeatedly asking him to get it done, he hasn't done so. Each time I phone he either agrees to get an engineer round or I just get the voicemail and no further response. I also know the Gas safety test is overdue by about a month. What can I do to get this sorted? I haven't smelled gas so I can't call the British gas emergency line and get it fixed that way and I can't afford to pay for the repairs myself (I don't think the landlord would re-emburse me if I tried either). Any Ideas please?

Asked on Oct 12 2013, General in Manchester | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Manchester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General