Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Protecting jointly owned property from fraud

Hi, I am looking for some advice. Hopefully you can be of assistance. I bought a property jointly with another person. I wanted to buy it alone but could not secure mortage by myself. The other person is not a trustworthy character unfortunately and are in a position to steal my identity relatively easily if they wanted to. I was wondering, what I can do to ensure my share of the property is safe from any type of fraud or negative outcomes. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I thought about getting a restriction in place. Am I able to do that by myself or do I need the other owner's permission? Thank you. Regards, Jensen

Asked on Nov 19 2018, General in Manchester | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello Jensen, I would get in touch with a qualified solicitor who can run through the contractual arrangements you have in place and advise accordingly. Thanks, Ruban

    Answered on Nov 20 2018, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Manchester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General