Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can I rent a 2 bedroom bungalow if I get a housing benefit?

I am on a housing benefit and I also get a disability benefit.

Asked on Mar 28 2013, General in Morecambe | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi JeanGra1978, There is certainly nothing in terms of legality stopping you from renting a specific type of property when you are on housing benefit or disability allowance. The issue you are most likely to come across at this time is with landlords who would rather not rent to people on benefits during a period when demand remains high. There are ways you can get around this, though, when it comes to finding somewhere to live. You could try, for example, looking at the search option on this site. Look for the type of property and area you want, and then use the keyword field to search for "DSS allowed" or similar. Alternatively, contact your local council and ask to speak to the housing department. They should hold a list that will give you details of all the letting agents who will work with people on benefits. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Apr 3 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Morecambe questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General