Skip to main content Skip to footer

Is there any action I can take against a surveyor?

2 years ago I bought my house having had a survey done (not the cheapest) and the advice was that all was in order. I have recently had a builder check the roof prior to winter who informs me that the tiles are basically at the end of their useful life and that I would be well advised to re-roof. Is there someone to whom I can complain as clearly to be hit with a bill for upwards of £8000 so soon after moving in is unacceptable.

Asked on Dec 3 2012, General in Malton | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0
  • If you have paid for a building survey ‘full structural’, the state of the roof should have been noted. You might need to get another survey done. To sue for damages you will need a negligence solicitor. Contact your local citizen’s advice bureau for more advice, you can also get some initial free advice from solicitors. Do a Google search for ‘suing surveyor for negligence’. You should find more advice and contacts.

    Answered on Dec 3 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Malton questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General