Skip to main content Skip to footer

Why are park homes occupied only 11 months a year and not 12 months a year?

Asked on Nov 2 2011, General in Richmond | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Some are used for permanent residency, other are classed as holiday homes. Any park that closes for 1-2 months of the year is classed as a holiday home. You can still live in them, you just have to find alternative accommodation in the period the park closes. I'm not sure if you pay full council tax if living in a holiday park home, you certainly couldn't class it as your main address to be on the electoral role.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Nov 3 2011, Report content
  • We lived in our touring caravan for 2 1/2 years on the same site but had to vacate for a month every year. Generally this was for the month of January. There were many static owners on the same site and others in the vicinity who did the same and for the one month gapped it to Spain. that way you were not liable for council tax. It would be very difficult to police and not worth the effort, however theree are sites where 12 month occupancy is allowed but you pay council tax.

    Answered on Nov 3 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Richmond questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General