Skip to main content Skip to footer

There is a covenant of deed on a property I am renting which states that it is only for private residential dwelling.

I wish to set up a children's home from the property for 3 young girls and their babies to be the residents. I will run this as a private business with 24 hour staff support. Can I get round the covenant and if so, how? The covenant states it is for a private residential dwelling only.

Asked on Mar 17 2010, General in Nottingham | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • You can break covenants but you will need legal advice to do it and you can sometimes insure against covenants. The other option is to buy the covenant from those who put it in place assuming they are still alive. If you would like advice on this i can help.

    Answered on Mar 17 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Nottingham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General