Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Structural adjustment?

We are interested in a property and it mentions it needs structural adjustment, what does this mean?

Asked on Jan 27 2013, General in Reading | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • That sounds as though the configuration of the property does not comply with building regs (kitchen too close to bathroom) or similar. If the adjustments are necessary rather than desirable a lender may put a retention on your mortgage advance until the work is complete. If the issues are major ones they may not lend at all (until the work is done)

    Answered on Aug 6 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Reading questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General