Skip to main content Skip to footer

How do I check the subsidence problem?

The property had subsidence in the 80's, a tree was removed as the cause, but property is showing lots of cracks. Can I obtain the original survey?

Asked on May 26 2010, General in Rowlands Gill | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I would recommend you get your own independent structural engineers report on the property, get any build regs (if it did have any) of when the work was carried out and any guarantees that came with the work. You will struggle to obtain buildings insurance on a property with historic problems. It may also be worth looking to see if this is a common problem in the local area.

    Answered on May 27 2010, Report content
  • If work was carried out historically it should be subject to a guarantee.This should have been available in the legals when your purchased the property. Otherwise Mark is right I would recommend you intiate your own independant structural survey to investigate the extent of the problem. It should be able to establish if the problem is ongoing or historic. If I can help further please contact me, especially as I spent many happy childhood days in Rowlands Gill!

    Answered on May 27 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Rowlands Gill questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General