Skip to main content Skip to footer

I've tried to contact the owner of the house that I filled a Tenancy agreement form for. I've rung and sent an email it's been nearly 2 months.

I've found out that the house is still for rent on a different website, what are my rights?

Asked on Oct 2 2011, General in Sheffield | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • Unless the AST has been executed it's unlikely that you will be able to enforce it. After 2 months of no reply you shoud assume that the landlord is either incompetent or does not wany to business with you and does not have the professional courtesy to let you know. Either way, do you really want to have any more dealings with soemone like that? Regardless, yuo should be refudned any holding deposit or reference fees you have paid. Unfortunately the term 'subject to contract' applies. As a property inventory company, we have often seen the reverse, where tenants fail to complete contracts and we then get a no-show on the day. It may be worth contacting your local CAB for further advice.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jan 30 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Sheffield questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General