Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I find the re-build value of my house?

For house insurance purposes, I need to know within reason the value to state as the re-build value.

Asked on Nov 18 2009, General in Southampton | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You need to get a buildings surveryor in for an accurate value but generally you can insure for about two thirds of the value.

    Answered on Nov 22 2009, Report content
  • Luisa is right. For a 'formal' report with the assurances that brings use a surveyor, but a rough estimate is about 2/3 value or work on a minimum of £100 per square foot.

    Answered on May 5 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Southampton questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General