Skip to main content Skip to footer

Where do we start on selling a property?

We got a mortgage fixed term for 3 years. We want to sell early but I am not sure how to go about selling and will we lose a lot by doing this.

Asked on Sep 22 2009, General in Stalybridge | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The easiest way to sell a property is of course through an estate agent! It depends on how and what you want to pay but most work on a small percentage of the final 'selling' value of the house. Other companies that are just internet based and get you to do a lot of the leg work would charge a smaller fee but would not be as professional as one of the highstreet agents you would come across. My advice would be ring round a few 'local' agents to get them to come a first value your property for you (you are under no obligation) and see which agents you prefer.

    Answered on Sep 22 2009, Report content
  • You can always transfer a mortgage to a new house? That way you would only be paying the admin fees. If you pay off a mortgage before a fixed time (usually stipulated in the contract) you will have to pay a fee which is usually 1000's but depends on the mortgage company. The best advice would be to speak to your mortgage provider and ask to see what fees would be involved.

    Answered on Sep 22 2009, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Stalybridge questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General