Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Buying a flat without a "Regularisation Certificate" done?

I have made an offer to buy a converted flat. My solicitor has found out that a load load bearing wall removed and replaced with a lightweight structure. The seller is unable to produce a "building regulations consent". Is it ok if I insist the 'consent' certificate? I realize this will dealy my purchase.

Asked on Nov 7 2013, General in Richmond | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • If you don't have building regulations certificate, you will not be able to get a mortgage. If a load bearing wall was removed, then a structural beam would have to be put in its place. Are you sure it was load bearing, as damage would surely have occurred it it was. Do not proceed until this has been sorted out.

    Answered on Nov 10 2013, Report content
  • Property is fling away currently, if the work was done a certain amount of time ago and you are stasfied the property is stable and you can get the mortgage buy it.

    Answered on Nov 11 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Richmond questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General