Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can you help me please?

I have found a property which has been abandoned for approx 23 years. How can I find the person who owns it? Also if I moved in would I have squatters rights? After an amount of time can I claim the property?

Asked on Sep 22 2009, General in Telford | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • The simplest way is to get a postcode for the property and do a SIM search with the Land Registry to find out whether the property is registered. If it is then the Land Registry will supply a Title number who will then have the persons who house it was. Obviously the person has died and it should have the name of the person who inherited it on the register so that you can come to some arrangement regarding the property. If you did move in and I cant imagine why you would want to do so as it probably has no electricity, gas etc not too sure about squatters rights.

    Answered on Oct 5 2009, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Telford questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General