Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

How do I get a valuation on a property as a tenant as the owner wishes to sell?

I am currently a tenant in a property, the owner wishes to sell, the property is in need of much modernisation, but I am interested in buying the property, the owner has given me consent to get a valuation, how do I get a valuation & what are the costs likely to be?

Asked on Feb 13 2012, General in Weston-super-Mare | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 1

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Just call a local estate agent and organise them to come round and give you a vaaluation it shouldnt take long at all.

    Answered on Feb 13 2012, Report content
  • When a property is valued you need to try to understand the difference between the price that owner would market the property at and the price that she/he is likely to be happy to sell for. This will be influenced by a number of factors; amount of equity in the property, strength of desire/need to sell and of course the market in your area for similar properties which in turn will be impacted by supply versus demand. The best thing you can do is research well, then probably to sit down with your landlord and discuss your thoughts. Make sure you explore refurb costs too as these will come as quite a surprise if you are not familiar with the market.

    Answered on Apr 30 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Weston-super-Mare questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General