Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Can you put house in child's name?

I want to leave my house to one of my children and grandchildren to live in when I'm gone. I wish to this so they do not pay inheritance tax. Is this possible? Thank you.

Asked on Jan 25 2012, Home Finance in Aylesbury | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 1
  • Yes it is if you give the house to your child or grandchildren as a gift 6 or 10 years (not sure) before you die then they will not have to pay inheritance tax however I am not sure of all the ins and outs and obviously the children will be aware that it would be in their names as they would need to sign for it. Speak to solicitor for some advice.

    Answered on Feb 21 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in Aylesbury questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance