Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Charge on a property

On my divorce a charge was put on my property that stated if I were to remarry, co-habit or die, the charge would be payable to my ex-husband. I have not done any of the above, now I want to sell the property and request him to sign off the charge. His solicitor is advising him not to sign as there is no end date on this charge. Does that mean I will have to pay him or die first ?

Asked on Mar 17 2018, Home Finance in Cheshire | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hello - I'm not a lawyer but I would imagine you need to check how legally watertight that specific clause(s) regarding the charge is. Approaching a local family lawyer to review would be a good start I would suggest.

    Answered on Mar 22 2018, Report content
  • I doubt this will stop you from moving home, so long as a charge is put on your next property?

    Answered on Mar 29 2018, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in Cheshire questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance