Skip to main content Skip to footer

Capital Gains Tax Rules when selling

I purchased a flat in 2006 which I lived in for 6 months before moving to work abroad. From 2006 to 2013 my daughters lived in the flat and I stayed in the property when I returned for visits to the UK. Since April 2013 I have let my flat through a letting agency. I intend to continue letting the flat and sell it in approx 2 years time. What can I do to avoid capital gains tax?

Asked on May 12 2015, Home Finance in Edinburgh | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Short answer, you can't avoid it. You need to speak to a tax adviser to get a proper answer. Or start by looking at the rules:

    Web reference:

    Answered on May 15 2015, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in Edinburgh questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance