Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I ensure that a house that I intend to buy for my son will one day find it's way to my grandsons?

My son and his partner have two sons aged 5 and 3. She also has a 16 yr old son from a previous relationship. My wife and I have decided to buy them a house and will buy it in our own names if that is the only way to ensure that nothing of it ever finds its way to her other son. We would prefer, however, to let him have as much controlling interest as would be safe to give him. Could we do something as tenants in common or something like it?

Asked on Apr 18 2011, Home Finance in Gosport | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 1
  • You will have to speak to a solicitor to find out if you can put any special conditions down. You might be able to put the house in your grandsons name but allow access for your son to live in.

    Answered on Apr 18 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in Gosport questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance