Skip to main content Skip to footer

Buildings insurance for non uk resident purchaser

Working and living overseas for a considerable number of years, I should now like to purchase a leasehold flat. I have spoken to various insurance brokers and it seems that insurance companies do not take on non-UK residents. Can somebody please explain to me how this works as I should imagine the buildings insurance is included in the Service charge? I do not have a UK bank account or credit cards for the same reason although I do have my name on another property in the UK which is at pesent held in trust. I share the ownership with one other who is a UK resident. Can somebody please explain to me if this insurance can be validated by the ownership of the other property being shared with a UK resident? Thank you.

Asked on Nov 30 2009, Home Finance in Farnborough | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Most leasehold flats have buildings insurance inclusive in the Maintenance charges. However. We have many Landlords living overseas who we provide both buildings and contents insurance if you want to get quotes please let me know. Regards Iain White

    Answered on Feb 11 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in Farnborough questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance