Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can I use my housing benefit to pay for a mortgage?

Is it possible for me to use my housing benefit to pay a mortgage?

Asked on Dec 2 2010, Home Finance in Lochgelly | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 3

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I’d be surprised if any lender would allow housing benefits to be taken as mortgage payments however i would suggest speaking with an independent broker to seek clarification.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Dec 3 2010, Report content
  • There is a seperate form that you have to get from the Job Centre to pay part of your mortgage. Ask your advisor when you next go in there. The benefit will only cover the interest on the mortgage and only for a set amount of time (I think it's 2 years).

    Answered on Mar 21 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in Lochgelly questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance