Skip to main content Skip to footer

How do I get a loan to purchase a home If my salary is paid in a non-UK bank??

My wife is a UK citizen and my income is sourced internationally and paid in another country outside UK. My local bank wont give me a home loan even though we transfer large lump sums of money to them as my company will not pay into a UK bank. I work for an international company but that doesn't seem to count for them. Advice please on how I can get around this.

Asked on Feb 23 2010, Home Finance in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You would need to have proof of income, bank statements etc to take to a mortgage company your best bet is to pop in to an estate agents near you as they usually have mortgage advisors on hand to give you advice good luck.

    Answered on Mar 27 2010, Report content
  • Birmingham Midshires (part of Halifax) offer house mortgages to ex-pats. I had to provide proof of income via a letter from my employer and I make mortgage payments from an account in the UK.

    Answered on Jul 27 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance