Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Putting property in trust for my children

Can I put the equity in my rented property in a trust for my children for when they reach 18, 21, or some other adult age? There is a mortgage currently 30% of its value. We live in the property. Can the mortgagee legally object to me setting up this trust? Would they want any agreement that when my children reach that age I would be guaranteed to live there for the entirety of my life? How do people with mortgaged properties set up a trust so their children can take ownership at a certain age? And can that age be greater than 18? I also have a mortgage of 65% of the value on a second property which is rented out under an AST. I am aiming to keep this as a nest egg for my retirement in approximately 12 years. The equity in the properties is £330,000 and £130,000.

Asked on Mar 3 2016, Home Finance in London | Report content

Answers (0)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Be the first to answer this question.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance