Skip to main content Skip to footer

I need to get a mortgage on a PRC house. Which hasn't been repaired. Help!

So my partner and I have found a property that we are in love with and seriously fits the bill. We need a mortgage to afford this property and can't buy it cash no matter how hard we try. The issue we have is that the house is a Cornish prc. That hasn't be repaired, so we will need to do it. Is there anybody that will give us a mortgage on this house and allow us to do the repairs.

Asked on Jan 31 2014, Home Finance in Swansea | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I think you will find it VERY hard to mortgage this property and if you do manage to find a lender, the rate of interest will likely be REALLY high as it will be seen as high risk. You may find this website helpful:

    Web reference:

    Answered on Feb 1 2014, Report content
  • Hi there. Im just buying a property with a similar problem and have put together a creative deal to buy and finance the purchase. If you would like me to talk through how I did it feel free to call me on 07730199480 Regards Bryan

    Answered on Mar 3 2014, Report content
  • Try Halifax or Principality

    Answered on Jul 17 2014, Report content
  • Generally speaking a PRC Certificate would need to be issued following repairs in order for funds to be lent.

    Answered on Nov 1 2016, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Finance in Swansea questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Finance