Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

How much would damp proofing course cost for a 3 bed terrace?

I offered 10k below the asking price. The owner rejected the offer, & is refusing to admit it's got damp. Even though it has wet patches on wall & small patch of paint pulling off. Should I increase my offer?

Asked on Aug 5 2013, Home Improvement in Cardiff | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi the actual cost of the injections and plastering shouldn't cost you more than £2 - 3k and the work will be insured for 10 years. A damp and timber specialist will usually come and give you a free report and quote which you can use as part of your negotiating process.

    Answered on Aug 6 2013, Report content
  • There is always a reason for damp it not a serious thing in this country but you can now buy damp course in a gun on ebay to do whole house £144 for 12 tubes. The guarantee is where you were supplied the tubes, this country is not in water/ bridging where someone has plastered to floor or concreted up to walls is one main course and bad pointing repoint up brickwork outside. Dig down round house helps. Damp proofing companies have made big money in there time and never get questioned, I've done thousands of houses and never had a problem, I'm a builder plasterer/ damp proofer and I have saved people thousands as companies come in with some funny stories, I could write a book! There's a funny story above 2 to 3k, he must be a millionaire, if plaster is cheap, so is sand and cement and waterproofer, these companies charge thousands, you see why I'm never out of work, I'm too honest. Also, if you knock plaster of the wall try and see if 'ts wet or just hollowed off the wall due to old age.

    Answered on Aug 9 2013, Report content
  • Speak to a builder try

    Answered on Aug 9 2013, Report content
  • If you get a damp proof specialist in they would likeyl charge between £2000 - £3000. That should include them hacking off the old plaster/mortar a meter up the wall, treating the walls and re rendering and plastering. I wouldnt like it to be done whilst I was living in the property. You can get it done cheaper but not sure on the guarantees, etc then. As for how much to knock off the asking price, only you can answer that really. How much is the property worth to you and how much is the hassle of doing it worth to you. If the vendor wont accept you can either ask again, increase your offer or walk away. Good luck!

    Answered on Sep 8 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in Cardiff questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement