Skip to main content Skip to footer

Drop kerb permissions for

If a property i wish to buy, has a driveway or hardstanding, but no dropped kerb- can i apply for permission to create a dropped kerb BEFORE i purchase the property? At what cost?

Asked on Jan 10 2012, Home Improvement in Coventry | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I understand that you can't but speak to Coventry City Highways to get clarification. The cost of a dropped kerb will depend how wide the hardstanding / driveway is and what additional works will be needed to be undertaken. I had the smallest width dropped kerb installed 7years ago and the cost was £1000. Unfortunately Coventry City Council will not let anyone else undertake the works apart from themselves so can charge whatever they like.

    Answered on Jan 13 2012, Report content
  • We would suggest that you check with the Local Authority for the area. They will be able to provide you with all the information you require. Best Regards.

    Answered on Jan 31 2012, Report content
  • Any one who is approved by the council can drop your kerb. When looking for a contractor check with the council to make sure h they have been approved. You need to pay a fee to the council, (about £90 if I remember right but dont quote me on that), tell them who the contractor is and when the work is to be done. Council will then check contractor is approved and may/maynot come out to check their work, if its not done right then the council will make the contractor put it right. When I had my kerb dropped I had full property width done for alot less than the council quoted for standard width so its worth looking around.

    Answered on Feb 24 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in Coventry questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement