Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Converting a semi-detached house

Hi. I am member in a charity and this charity want to buy a semi-detached house by mortgage and converting it. On ground floor will be the meeting room and upstairs a flat for some member or guests. My question is what the legal requirements for this conversion. It's possible? Where should I go? Who shoul I ask. Thank you in advance

Asked on Jul 25 2017, Home Improvement in Doncaster | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello - You should start by contacting the Local Planning Authority (LPA) who will be able to give you the best advice. Depending on the scope of the conversion, you may need to apply for planning permission. Also, if the meeting room you mentioned will be used for commercial purposes, there may need to be an application for change of use.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jul 31 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in Doncaster questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement