Skip to main content Skip to footer

Conversion houses in London

We intend to purchase in London,terraced house and convert them into 2 or 3 flats. How difficult is it to get planning permission? Are these flats (around 600 sq.feet each) saleable?

Asked on Aug 18 2012, Home Improvement in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Converting Victorian houses in London into flats has been done for many years. Planning permission (PP) to do this is granted by the council local to the property and varies from one council to the next, depending on housing demand for each area. Normally if a similar style of house to the one that you want to buy has been converted recently then PP should be granted assuming you comply with their regulations but you can check before you buy. 600 sq ft flats do sell as long as the location, condition and price are correct for the area. Good luck.

    Answered on Nov 15 2012, Report content
  • Hi there, It is hard to get planning permission to convert a house into 2 flats. However you'll need to go to your local council's web-pages and look at their planning policies for flat conversion. For more details you can conduct a search online and check out some good websites for property laws.

    Answered on Mar 5 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement