Skip to main content Skip to footer

Local authority repairs on owned properties.

Does anybody have any experience of paying for repairs for owners, for example roof? What is the process for owners of flats to pay?

Asked on Aug 23 2013, Home Improvement in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi JeanetteHall, If you are the owner of a property then normally the local authority would not pay for repairs. I can only assume that you own a home that is located in a block of flats where there are also local authority properties? If this is the case then I think the best bet would be to contact the council - they sell a lot of ex council houses these days, and they will probably know the process inside out. Normally when it comes to repairs in a block though, all residents are liable for a part of the repair bill, so it may well be the case that you need to pay a proportion of what the charges are while the council pays the lion's share. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Sep 6 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement