Skip to main content Skip to footer

Planning permission to extend.

Are there any way I can find out if planning permission to extend a property out the back is likely to be granted, before committing myself to a property?

Asked on Apr 2 2010, Home Improvement in Morden | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The Planning Portal is a good place to start. You could also call the Local Authority and ask to speak with one of the planning officers.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Apr 8 2010, Report content
  • A first step is to look for other property in the road that have been subject to extension. If large numbers have been then there will clearly be a president. Dependant on the scale of the extension you require for most authorities will generally allow an increase of around 30-35% of the total floor space without too much of a battle however this does depend on issues such whether you live in a conservation area, if the property is listed and the visual impact on neighbouring houses. Must local authorities will have a duty planning officer or clinic so pop in and ask to speak to them.

    Answered on Jun 9 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in Morden questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement