Skip to main content Skip to footer

Crack on wall of viewed property

Wanting to know if this is a big issue or easily repaired.

Asked on Jan 16 2014, Home Improvement in South Shields | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi Adam, Without seeing a picture of the crack we would not be able to make a judgement as to the severity of it. It may however be an option for you to contact the estate agent the property is with and express your interest in the property but make specific reference to the crack and if this could be fixed you are willing to progress with the property. We hope this helps.

    Answered on Jan 16 2014, Report content
  • Thanks. the crack is from ceiling to floor on wall at the top of the stairs, I dont know if it runs to the ground floor. would a full survey cover this or would I need to get a seperate structural engineer to take a look?

    Answered on Jan 16 2014, Report content
  • Depends what sort of crack. A hairline crack on a plastered wall may not be significant. A crack outside on a solid brick wall is another matter.

    Answered on Jan 16 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in South Shields questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement