Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Planning permission and building certificate

I am looking for a house and it's in process but now the vendors say they don't know about the planning permission and building certificate as they bought the property in 2003 and work was done in 2000. The solicitor says indemnity insurance would be fine and there won't be any problem in selling the property. Can someone guide please? Should I withdraw from the deal or go ahead with indemnity insurance?

Asked on Sep 27 2014, Home Improvement in West Midlands | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • A survey should tell you if there are significant problems regarding building regulations and the present state of the property. If not then the building certificate is irrelevant for works done so long ago. As for planning permission, if there were problems then that might be still enforceable but if no one has noticed after all this time it is unlikely to be significant. The relevant local authority web site will probably have past permissions available online.

    Answered on Sep 28 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in West Midlands questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement