Skip to main content Skip to footer

Planning permission for conservatory

Asked on Jun 18 2013, Home Improvement in Worcester | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Worcestergirl, You can find out the obligations for applying for planning permission by visiting the government's Planning Portal and looking at the criteria. I have added a link to the bottom of this question. For a conservatory though, it is generally considered to be what is known as permitted development, which means that as long as you stick to the conditions outlined by the government, you will not need to actually apply for planning permission. These rules can be seen on the link below, but they include things like not having an extension that is taller than the original house or one which covers more than half of the surface area of the original surroundings (i.e. the garden). Many thanks, Scott

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jun 24 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Home Improvement in Worcester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Home Improvement