Skip to main content Skip to footer

House valuation regarding capital gains tax?

My brother and I are in the process of selling my late mothers house, how do I find out how much the value of the house was in 1995, as we need to know if any capital gains tax is eligible?

Asked on Apr 6 2012, House Prices in Birmingham | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • You should use a RICS Registered Valuer to undertake a market valuation for IHT (Inheritance tax) purposes as at the date of death (1995). Valuers will use their archives and available data to give an accurate valuation for that point in time using 'best' comparable evidence. To find a RICS Registered Valuer visit:

    Web reference:

    Answered on May 6 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More House Prices in Birmingham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about House Prices