Skip to main content Skip to footer

How do I resolve a dispute with a surveyor over value of property?

Asked on Jan 20 2011, House Prices in Houghton Le Spring | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You will have to go back to the broker and ask them to re submit the file for re consideration. From there the surveyor will go through the file again and re-consider his findings.

    Answered on Jan 20 2011, Report content
  • I would say it will be very difficult to resolve a dispute with a surveyor. If you are trying to sell your property at a certain price, have found a buyer, but the surveyor's value is lower than the offer you have received, there will be little you an do, unless the buyer is willing to accept the price you want, i.e. meet the difference. However, the mortgage company will undoubtedly accept the surveyor's valuation.

    Answered on Jul 31 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More House Prices in Houghton Le Spring questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about House Prices