Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

What does 25% ownership mean?

Interested in purchasing a 2 bedroom apartment in Newton-le-Willows. We can afford the cash price but it's 25% ownership, but we're not sure what this means.

Asked on Nov 9 2014, House Prices in Newton-Le-Willows | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The cash will buy you only a 25% (one quarter) share in the property, the rest will presumably be owned by a housing association. You will have to pay rent on the remaining 75%.

    Answered on Nov 12 2014, Report content
  • Hi, 25% ownership will refer to owning 25% of the property, therefore you would be looking at paying rent on the further 75%. It's a method used to help those struggling to get mortgages and finances for a property purchase so that they are able to purchase a small amount of equity with respect in the long run to purchase the rest of the amount. We hope this helps.

    Answered on Nov 13 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More House Prices in Newton-Le-Willows questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about House Prices