Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I get a value for a property going back to 1995?

Need old property values for capital gains purposes.

Asked on Jan 7 2010, House Prices in Northampton | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • If you have an estate agent in your area which has been established for sometime try them first! (I am in the Stockport Area and worked some 18 years or so) so we can often help people with this locally. The odd longstanding solicitor in an area may also run a book on past transactions or have some knowledge. Other than that you could do a price index link (try the Nationwide Price Index Link). There you can put a date and value you know and then a date for it to work out the appropriate value at that time. This is sometime a little sketchy, as it is based on a general location ie Northwest or south east etc, but will give you a start point! If you are in Stockport let me know! Good luck!

    Answered on Jan 7 2010, Report content
  • Using the Halifax Prioce calculator (shown below) input todays price, location, todays date and the date you want the valuation for and this will give you a good ball park figure

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jan 10 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More House Prices in Northampton questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about House Prices