Skip to main content Skip to footer

How do you value a 100k house with a sitting tenant?

The house is worth about 100k. The mother has a deed of voluntary settlement; she lives somewhere else and has signed the house over to her 2 children on the proviso that she has a life interest. One of the children lives at the said house but the other doesnt. How much value would the house have now?

Asked on Mar 31 2011, House Prices in Stoke-on-Trent | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Employ the services of an independent estate agent to provide an accurate valuation.

    Answered on Apr 1 2011, Report content
  • There are different ways. If the tennant is a sitting tennant then arrange to visit it for the purposes of insurance or tax valuation for your accountant. You would need to check the tennancy allows. If this is not possible, then speak to a local surveyor. There is an equation that uses there age, sex and tennancy relating to open market vaccant possession value.

    Answered on Apr 2 2011, Report content
  • I dont suppose you know what the equation is, do you?

    Answered on Apr 2 2011, Report content
  • Your question asks how you value a house with a value of £100k? Are you asking for a current value or how I get someone into the property to value it? To give you an accurate price and because of the legal ramifications it would be better to talk face to face and may involve one of our staff valuers. There may be more technical/legal questions that I have not been able to think about. I really want to help and am willing to do so, but want to ensure that I give you the best advice. Ian

    Answered on Apr 5 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More House Prices in Stoke-on-Trent questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about House Prices