Skip to main content Skip to footer

Shared ownership - How do I sign up?

I'm interesting in shared ownership but am told I need to register with the government first but can't find any information about this - help?

Asked on Jun 28 2013, New Homes in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi SwiftBreeze, To buy through a shared ownership scheme, you don't need to be registered with the government specifically, but there are a number of different criteria that you do need to fulfill. I have attached a link to the list at the bottom of this question. As you will see from the link provided, in order to qualify for shared ownership, your overall household income has to be lower than £60,000, you must be currently living in a council or housing association rented home, and you also have to be a first-time buyer. From there, you will also need to be able to obtain a mortgage to pay for your share of the home initially. All of these schemes in the UK are run by housing associations, so it would be advisable to get in touch with your nearest one to find out if you would be able to purchase a home through this avenue. Many thanks, Scott

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jul 1 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More New Homes in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about New Homes