Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Rent responsibilities

I'm renting with a friend. I was wondering if I am required by law to cover his rent if he doesn't or can't pay, is there anyway we can express to the landlord we are two separate tenants?

Asked on Jul 3 2018, Renting in Aberdeen | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello Alex - if your names are both on the tenancy agreement then you will be jointly held responsible. Your landlord may be able to issue two separate agreements, but that will be at his/her discretion. Thanks

    Answered on Jul 6 2018, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Aberdeen questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting