Skip to main content Skip to footer

Housing Benefit and Estate Agents?

I am hoping to relocate back to Surrey as soon as I can to find work as I have been made redundant here in Wales. The only way I can do this is to move to Surrey and rent and claim Housing Benefit until I gain employment. Do any of the agents accept housing benefit claimants? From what I hear many do not.

Asked on Feb 10 2013, Renting in Addlestone | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0
  • Hi Pinkcat010, Unfortunately it is the case that the majority of letting agents will not accept a tenancy application from someone who is on housing benefits for the simple fact that it can be more complicated to make sure they get their rent each month. There are also many negative perceptions that leave some landlords steering clear. Try contacting the local council - the housing department of the local authority will keep a list of landlords who do accept people on benefits, which they should pass onto you no problem. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Feb 13 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Addlestone questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting