Skip to main content Skip to footer

What is a holding fee and can a potential tenant use to hold a house?

We are 4/5 students finishing our last year of Uni and looking to rent a property for our next year of Uni. We are unsure of what holding fees and if they can secure us a house for the 3 months we will be at home without paying full rent. We also don't know if this is a service all estate agents offer and the general charges involved. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Asked on May 2 2014, Renting in Luton | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi there, You would need to negotiate with the estate agent as its not common, many places in uni towns will have student houses that do offer this so its good to ask in the uni good local agents that do offer student housing. If in doubt ask, drop an email to estate agents asking for any housing for students or explain your situation and i'm sure they can help you.

    Answered on Jun 13 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Luton questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting