Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I get a one bedroom flat on benefits?

I'm looking for a local one bedroom flat in Biggleswade.

Asked on Nov 26 2009, Renting in Biggleswade | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi, if you ask the landlord if he needs a deposit then you can get a letter off him, take to your local council they will pay it for you in advance.

    Answered on Dec 3 2009, Report content
  • The best thing you can do is contact your local council and get them to give you a list of all the agents that deal with housing benefit.

    Answered on Feb 22 2010, Report content
  • I would suggest that you contact your local authority who should have a list of private landlords that accept DSS or Housing Benefit. They will also be able to recommend local agents who also deal with Housing Benefit. Also, a good website for private landlords is gumtree. You can search in your area for landlords who will take dss and they have their numbers direct. I hope this helps

    Answered on Mar 25 2010, Report content
  • Ask your local council for help

    Answered on Feb 3 2016, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Biggleswade questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting