Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can you rent properties if you're on partial housing benefit?

Specifically the 'no DSS' ones. I have full-time employment but the hours can vary from 20-70 hours a week.

Asked on Jun 2 2013, Renting in Birkenhead | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hello, The answer to this is fairly staright forward, you are able to rent a property if you are on part housing benefit, but it will all depend on the Landlords specific requirements and eligibility that they set. Be sure to demonstrate other aspects of your income and be transparent with your finances in general. Any previous references will be a big help also. Be aware that some Landlords will also want a guarantor, so perhaps a close friend or relative would be able to act for you on this. Mark

    Web reference: @AskMeProperty (Tw...

    Answered on Jun 3 2013, Report content
  • Yes, of course! Although, if 'No DSS accepted' is displayed, then that pretty much answers your question. You may be able to contact the landlord and possibly get a guarantor.

    Answered on Jun 9 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Birkenhead questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting