Skip to main content Skip to footer

Who pays council tax on the rented property from Zoopla?

Asked on Jan 31 2013, Renting in Birmingham | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi Roberturner, If you are renting a house from someone on Zoopla, it will most likely be the case that you as the tenant will be the person who is responsible for paying the council tax. In some areas where there is a lower level of demand, landlords might include such costs as council tax, gas bills, electricity and water in your rent . However, this will be in the minority of cases, and it should really be assumed that it is not the case in most. In general, unless the description on the Zoopla listing says that you are being offered the landlord paying council tax as part of your rental costs, it will be the case that you have to pay it yourself. You can find out the band of the property by following the link below and then using the local council's website to discover how much they will charge for this band. Many thanks, Scott

    Web reference:

    Answered on Feb 7 2013, Report content
  • Hi, When renting a property whether through a letting agent or private landlord we would always assume in the first instance that the tenant of the property is liable to pay the council tax. However we would advise that you double check your contract as in some cases the council tax may be included within the rent. This would all be specified within your contract alongside other information in regards to bills such as gas and electric etc. We hope this helps.

    Answered on Sep 24 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Birmingham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting