Skip to main content Skip to footer

Landlord/tenant query

While my rented unfurnished flat is having subsidence work carried out, does the landlord have the legal right to ask ME to find alternative accommodation for that period? and what compensation should he be offering?

Asked on Sep 20 2011, Renting in Bournemouth | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I believe your landlord should provide alternative accommodation but I would suggest you speak to a professional, maybe even a solicitor.

    Answered on Sep 21 2011, Report content
  • Hi, it all depends on the gravity of the problem and also the terms of your tenancy agreement. I strongly suggest that you seek independant legal advice as to your tenant rights.

    Answered on Sep 30 2011, Report content
  • It completely depends on whether the property would be deemed as uninhabitable or not. Call your local council and they will be able to determine this for you. David, Landlords Investors Club, Bournemouth.

    Answered on Oct 30 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Bournemouth questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting