Skip to main content Skip to footer

What documentation do I need for renting a flat/studio?

I'm moving next month to Bristol from Spain, and I still don't have a bank account or NI Number. What kind of documentation should I expect from the renting agency? Thanks

Asked on Dec 15 2010, Renting in Bristol | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The documents you will need, will be proof of ID and you will need reference, as you have been living abroad you might want to get this from your previous landlord or lady. A lot of rental places will require an employer’s reference as well; would you have a job when you come back etc? You might find it easier to rent direct from the owner rather than go thru and agency, then you can get yourself sorted and then set everything up you need.

    Answered on Dec 16 2010, Report content
  • You will need a passport . On top of this, agents will reference you and so details of employment are needed as well and as stated in the other answer, details of your previous landlord or lady will help. Credit history may be a problem so an alternative option is to pay 6 months in advance or if you have a guarantor living in the uk who is a home owner, you can use them. Hope this helps...

    Answered on Dec 16 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Bristol questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting