Skip to main content Skip to footer

Part housing benefits. No one wants us..

Me & my parter are finding it difficult to find a 2/3 bed property that will take part housing benefit. We are both employed. We have a guarantor. What will be the best way forward. Thanks.

Asked on Jul 2 2013, Renting in Bristol | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Benjackie, It can be difficult in your position, as you have already experienced, largely because landlords still experience high demand at the moment, so many would rather deal with a tenant who is paying the money straight into their account rather than risking complications with benefits offices and the like. However, if you do have a guarantor and both have proof of employment then there should be some landlords and agents that will accept this. You might want to try contacting the local council in your chosen area, as housing departments will often have access to a list of approved landlords and agents who will deal with tenants on benefits. Your other options can be to just keep shopping around, as you will eventually find someone who will be willing to take you on, or to offer the agent a couple of months rent in advance or a larger deposit, if you can afford to. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jul 17 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Bristol questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting