Skip to main content Skip to footer

Which landlords or letting agents except housing benefit?

Asked on May 13 2013, Renting in Bury St. Edmunds | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Its best to call round some agencies and ask them if they say no, ask if you were to have a guarantor or 6 months rent upfront will they accept you? They could do, just ask?

    Answered on May 14 2013, Report content
  • Hi Foxylady03, The key to this is to just shop around and do your homework to find the best places to look. Unfortunately at the moment, it can be difficult to find a lettings agent who will deal with someone on benefits largely because they see risks associated to these types of tenants, and they are almost always able to find someone in full-time employment who can fill the tenancy. However, there are ways to go about finding a place, and it is not the end of the line if you get rejected. The most common thing to do is to contact the local council's housing department. You might not have a great amount of luck, but many will have a list of lettings agents that do accept benefits that they can pass onto you. Another option is to just search and try to find someone who does. Try phoning around, and you may get lucky. Alternatively, use the search function here on Zoopla and look for keywords such as "benefits accepted" or the like. Hopefully you will be able to find something this way. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on May 20 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Bury St. Edmunds questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting