Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can I privately rent a house while I'm on benefits?

I was wondering if there is any help available for myself and my partner, we have 2 children and we are currently on benefits, at the moment I would like to rent somewhere privately. Is there any help available?

Asked on Dec 29 2009, Renting in Cambridge | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Many agents do not accept tenants that are on benefits but that is mainly because landlords are biased against such tenants. There are though some agents that specialise in helping tenants on benefits so shop around to find out those agents in your area that can help. Alternatively, look through your local paper or loot /gumtree to find landlords that advertise saying they are happy with DSS tenants.

    Answered on Dec 29 2009, Report content
  • The best way to search will be through gumtree or you local property paper as well as the friday ad.

    Answered on Feb 22 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Cambridge questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting